Ahead of kick off against Kings Langley tomorrow, there will be a short ceremony and a minutes silence to remember our fallen servicemen and women:
Order of events
· Players to come out at 2.50pm, line up as normal, fist bumps/handshakes and then stand around the centre circle. Two captains to hold the wreaths.
· Terry (Stadium announcer) will say the words: “They shall grow not old...”
· The Last Post will be played by Steve Vaughan - The Buglers Association of the Light Division and Rifles.
· As the Last Post is being played, the captains will place the wreaths next to each other on centre circle.
· One minutes silence will immediately follow the Last Post being played.
· Referee will blow his whistle to mark the end of the minutes silence.
· Game will commence.
Free entry for service personnel
We're also pleased to confirm that we will be offering free entry to the Kings Langley match this Saturday for all current and former service personnel from the British Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force.
Current serving personnel just need to show their Service ID at the turnstiles, while former personnel are asked to please email email@example.com with their Name, Rank, Number, Unit and Years served so we can add you to our guest list.